The Diageo Foundation was a registered charity funded entirely by Diageo and has been the cornerstone of so much of our community investment across the world for the past 25 years.
We have a proud history of partnerships, programmes and initiatives supporting and empowering the communities in which we operate. The Diageo Foundation, which began as the GrandMet Foundation in 1992, made grants in support of projects or causes proposed by Diageo businesses and others outside the company.
The Foundation focused on developing countries in Africa, Latin America, Asia and Eastern Europe, tackling issues including access to water and sanitation, skills and employability and female empowerment. The Foundation has delivered a significant legacy over the last 25 years.
- 77 countries have run a Diageo Foundation project
- More than ￡25 million allocated in grants
- More than 450 major projects initiated
- More than 10 million people in India and Africa?given access to clean drinking water
- More than ￡2 million spent on disaster relief and reparation
- More than 50 disaster relief projects initiated in 32 countries across 6 continents
Diageo Foundation 25 Year Impact Report
In 2017 the Diageo Foundation and Diageo agreed that the mission of the Foundation had been successfully completed, with all the Foundation’s focus areas and programmes having been effectively embedded within our ongoing Sustainable Development Strategy.
The Diageo Foundation 25 Year Impact Report chronicles the Foundation’s projects, partnerships and achievements and highlights the legacy projects which we will continue to support as part of our wider strategy.